FBC Youth Ministry
FBC student ministry is led by the Youth Council which includes both youth and adults planning ministry opportunities that align with the mission of the church to show God’s love, tell the Good News to all people, grow spiritually and serve our community and world. Our student ministry focuses on building relationships, both with each other and God. We seek to engage middle school and high school age students in deep, meaningful, and lasting ways that lead to the development and ownership of a faith that lasts.
We invite and encourage everyone to come and experience all that God is doing in and through our ministry together.
October / November
October has been busy in youth with activities, trips, and mission work. We are continuing our Wednesday night devotional study “Feed the Dog”. The study is guiding our youth to feed their soul with God’s Word. Our Acteens and Challengers worked together this month to collect food for Clayton Area Ministries (CAM). Acteens distributed bags in the Landmark Subdivision and Challengers collected the filled bags the following week. CAM was very appreciative of the generous donations. The youth Sunday School Class put together the Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes for our church members to fill. Our youth are continuing to find their musical talents through Mix-It-Up Handbells and Youth Choir. We look forward to hearing both groups perform in the coming months. We had our first trip of the year for Fall Rush to Camp Caswell for a weekend of finding our light so we can Glow for God. It was a wonderful weekend of fellowship and bonding with our youth as well as churches from all over the state. We still have lots of opportunities for worship and fellowship to come. We hope all youth will join us!
Youth Registration – We would like all youth and volunteers to register via Realm. This will help us gather needed information and communicate through email to those participating. Use the link or QR code below. Registration Link.
These are mission based groups sponsored by the WMU organization. Acteens is a group for young ladies in 6th – 12th grades. Our Acteens are currently split between Middle School and High School ages. Middle School Acteens work through MissionQuest. There are six quests in this journey. There are Quests for character, confidence, courage, creativity, excellence, and vision. Each quest has four sections: heart, soul, mind, and strength. High School Acteens focus specifically on mission service to the church and community.
Challengers is a group for young men in 6th – 12th grades. Challengers focus on more labor intensive mission projects for those within our church. All groups are committed to missions within the church and community. They join together to have fun, do mission projects and fellowship as they grow in their relationships with Christ and others. They meet monthly on Sundays.
Wednesday nights are a time for youth to come together for fellowship, games, devotion, and small groups. It is a chance to bond with your friends personally and spiritually. Devotions will be focused on ways to grow in your faith and discuss topics of interest. We know youth are busy so the evening is broken up so that you can come to all or part of the activities. The Fellowship Dinner is an opportunity for youth to enjoy a meal together and have fun discussions around the table. Fellowship and Games in the Upper Room is an opportunity to just have fun together. Come play ping pong, foosball, Xbox, sit around on the couches and chat with your friends about what is going on at school, rest, relax, etc. Youth Devotions and Small Groups start together as a whole group and then split into small groups by age and gender for a deeper discussion on the topics. The groups engage in Christ-centered discussions about everyday life issues and struggles. The small group ministry is intended to help students openly discuss their faith in accountability groups. It is a time to really connect with God’s direction for your life.
Youth Activites and Trips
The youth council has planned at least one additional activity each month outside of the regular scheduled events. These activities are meant to provide a chance to just have fun and build relationships crucial to tackle the challenges of middle and high school years. We plan to attend sporting events at the schools of our youth to support them in their extracurricular activities. In addition to local activities our youth have the opportunity to attend two trips each year. Fall Rush in the October timeframe and a Summer Mission trip usually in June. We encourage youth to come and bring their friends to join in all the joy youth can bring!
- Friday, November 3rd – 6:00pm Dinner at LaCocina and Judgement House at Benson Grove Baptist Church (Free of charge)
- Friday, November 17th – 6:30 – 9:30pm Bonfire at the Rasor Home
- Thursday, November 30th – Volunteer with the Live Nativity Scene at the Downtown Clayton Tree Lighting
Opportunities for Involvement
Wednesday Night Activities :
- 5:30 – 6:00 – Youth Fellowship meal in the Fellowship Hall (eat what is being served at church or bring your own) we encourage youth to join together for dinner
- 6:00 – 6:30 – Youth Fellowship and Games in the Upper Room. Come play ping pong, foosball, Xbox, sit around on the couches and chat with your friends about what is going on at school, etc. Relax and have fun!
- 6:30 – 7:30 – Youth Devotion and Small Groups in the Youth Room. We will start together as a whole group and then split into small groups by age and gender for discussion.
• November 1st – Youth will participate in Fall Festival
• November 22nd – No Regular Activities
- 10:45 – 11:45am – Youth Room – Come dig into God’s Word through scripture reading, questions, and discussion about the meaning of the Bible.
Acteens and Challengers:
- Sunday, November 5th –Acteens lunch and Quest Conversation
- Sunday, November 19th – Challengers lunch and Rake Leaves for Church Members
Youth Trips and Activities:
Each month outside of the regular scheduled events we will have at least one additional activity. These activities are meant to provide a chance to just have fun and build the personal relationships with youth that are crucial to tackle the challenges of middle and high school years.
- Friday, October 13th – Sunday, October 15th – Fall Rush at Caswell Beach
Sign up using this link.
- Friday, November 3rd – 5:30pm Dinner at LaCocina and Judgement House at Benson Grove Baptist Church (Free of charge)
Sign-up in the youth room or by texting Mrs. Vicky 919-291-6832
This is a chance for our youth singers to shine. Come join the youth choir and share your talent with others. This group will have the opportunity to participate in many musical performances at church throughout the year. The group will practice twice a month on Sunday afternoons 2:00 – 3:00pm
Any youth interested in participating in the youth choir should join Mrs. Keeley at practice in the choir room.
- Sunday, November 5th – 2:00 – 3:00 in Choir Room
- Sunday, November 19th – 2:00 – 3:00 in Choir Room